Thank you to all who submitted a presentation proposal for the 2016 Northeastern Transportation and Wildlife Conference. There was a very strong response to our call for presentations that resulted in a very competitive selection process and an exciting and robust agenda.
- Speakers must register and pay to attend the conference. Registration is open and is posted here.
- Podium Presentation – lecture style format of 3 or 4 technical papers in a 1.5 hour session. Presentation time for each paper is 20 or 30 minutes, depending on the number of presenters in the session. Presenters use PowerPoint slides and other audiovisual media to support their remarks and should allow time for questions and answers.
- Panel Presentation (3 or more presenters) – podium lecture, panel discussion, or breakout groups with facilitated discussion. Presentation/discussion time will be 1.5 hours total.
- Workshop – format involves group interaction and hands on demonstrations. Workshop length may vary based on topic and format. For instance, there could be a classroom portion of the workshop scheduled during concurrent sessions that complements a field component held on Tuesday afternoon during the field trip session.
- Lightning Talk – format is a series of quick 10 minute “lightning talk” presentations to provide information in bullet points. Up to six back-to-back lightning talks (with short breaks) will be scheduled to fill a 1.5 hour session. Lightning talks may be stand-alone or supported by a poster.
- Poster Session – 4' x 4' mounted display. Format is a visual representation of your recent research or ongoing projects. Poster sessions will be held on Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning in conjunction with Lightning Talk sessions. At that time, poster presenters are encouraged to remain with their poster to interact with conference attendees. Posters will remain on display for the duration of NETWC 2016.
AUDIO/VISUAL AND SET-UP:
- For Podium Presentations and Panels: Meeting rooms will be set classroom style.
- For Workshops: Meeting rooms will be set in rounds.
- For Lightning Talks: Lightning talks will be presented in the room showcasing the posters.